Business collaboration knows no bounds. Your people must be able to share
ideas, critical business information and perspectives with virtually
anyone and anytime, anywhere. And while there are more ways to collaborate than ever
before, there are also more ways for unwelcome parties to interrupt the
Fortunately, there's Novell GroupWise 7. This premier multiplatform
collaboration solution helps your organization maintain secure, authenticated
communications within your enterprise as well as with companies and individuals
beyond your firewall. GroupWise 7 works across traditional, Web-based and
wireless clients, providing users with integrated e-mail, instant messaging and
scheduling, as well as task, contact and document management. Equally important,
its rich security capabilities and proven reliability provide peace of mind for
your IT staff, making GroupWise the leading alternative to Microsoft*
a secure solution that saves time and money
GroupWise 7 delivers secure communication and collaboration. Such security is
vital since malicious virus attacks, typically initiated through e-mail, can
bring productivity to a grinding halt. GroupWise provides tight integration with
leading anti-virus and anti-spam solutions. Working with partner products, it
detects and eliminates viruses that might hamper productivity and impair
business operations. In addition, GroupWise support major security standards and
leverages multiple levels of spam control, increasing administrator confidence
and reducing your overall business costs.
reliable collaboration that requires less administrative effort
GroupWise 7 is based on a proven, highly reliable architecture that minimizes
downtime. Without a reliable collaboration system, your business faces serious
risks in losing productivity, customer loyalty and business opportunity. There's
also a very real potential for legal consequences posed by a loss of
intellectual property or non-compliance of regulatory mandates.
That's why GroupWise is an essential part of your enterprise. In a February
2005 reliability study of GroupWise customers, 52 percent said they haven't had
to reboot their GroupWise system for more than six months, and 87 percent have
experienced less than ten hours of unplanned downtime per year. Much of this
reliability is attributable to superior technical engineering and extensive
testing, which results in GroupWise requiring fewer patches than Exchange does.
Linux clustering support also adds to the unprecedented reliability of
GroupWise. Companies that require exceptional availability and
reliability - organizations like government agencies and industry leaders in
healthcare, airlines, financial services and banking - choose GroupWise as their
the number-one alternative to Microsoft Exchange
GroupWise users value their collaboration solution for its integrity,
reliability and scalability. Perhaps that's why it's the leading alternative to
Microsoft Exchange. Microsoft Exchange 5.5 users are well aware of the ongoing
challenges involved with keeping their systems secure and available.
Unfortunately, moving to the current version of Exchange also requires a costly,
laborious and disruptive upgrade to Microsoft* Active Directory.
Compared to Microsoft Exchange, GroupWise
- Handles a load capacity up to 200 times greater, reducing your
hardware-acquisition and management costs
- Offers a licensing model that is more flexible and more affordable (The
GroupWise cost per user is one-third that of Exchange.)
- Has 69 percent less downtime than Microsoft Exchange
- Offers 72 times fewer vulnerabilities, as cited by CERT.org
Whether you're ready to migrate from Microsoft or you just want stronger
security and a more dependable collaboration system (or both), you'll find peace
of mind for your administrators and end users with Novell GroupWise 7.
Novell GroupWise 7 includes the following features. Features marked with an
asterisk (*) denote that they're new since the last version of GroupWise. For a
comprehensive list, please see the features
- E-mail with status and retraction
- Rules-based messaging and handling
- Notification of new mail, alarms
- Instant messaging
- Task, contact and document management
- Shared folders and address books
- Multilevel spam filtering and junk-mail handling
- Home View: Multi-function view, one view of full experience
- New navigation bar* allows users to quickly switch between areas of
- Calendar and scheduling
- Calendar addition and removal*
- Simultaneous calendar view option*
- All-day and multi-day appointments*
- WebAccess, including wireless license and near feature parity with Windows
- PDA cradle synchronization*
- Novell Evolution client support*
- Microsoft Outlook support (includes support for e-mail, tasks, notes,
calendaring, busy search, shared folders, today view, ActiveSync, .pst files,
offline mode, delegated support, signatures and personal and system address
- Client- and server-side LDAP support
- Remote synchronization, mailbox backup and mailbox archiving
- Out-of-office notification
- Version-level security
- Multi-level spam filtering
- Clustering support
- Support for all major standards
- Support for GroupWise on NetWare®, Windows and SUSE® Linux Enterprise
Novell GroupWise 7.0 includes several benefits:
- Maintain high productivity by virtually eliminating e-mail downtime.
- Save time for your administrators and end users, resulting in a great cost
- Reduce the manpower needed to administer GroupWise.
- Enjoy the best security available.
- Read easy-to-understand pricing and enjoy a low total cost of ownership.
- Communicate securely and end to end among client machines and even
individual software agents.
- As a GroupWise administrator, easily manage more than 10,000 users. (In
fact, several GroupWise administrators current manage more than 20,000 users
- Integrate technologies from third-party developers and the open source
community to solve your business problems.
- Mitigate business risks with GroupWise 7 adherence to new regulatory
- Handle a load capacity up to 200 times greater than that of Exchange,
reducing your hardware-acquisition and management costs.
- Use the new migration utility to easily switch from Microsoft Exchange
5.5, Outlook 2000 or a previous version of GroupWise and scale as your
The new and enhanced features available in this version of GroupWise are sure
to maximize productivity. As an administrator, you'll worry less about worms and
viruses and focus more on the strategies that drive your business. Moreover,
executives will be pleased—not to mention confident—that GroupWise offers the
security and reliability they've been waiting for.